Date: 12/24/18 3:47 pm
From: Iain Macleod <pandiain.im...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Spring is in the air
Now that we have passed the winter solstice, it's downhill towards spring,
and birds know it. Today I watched a recently formed pair of Bald Eagles
beginning a new nest here in the Lakes Region. Getting those very first
sticks to stay in place is a real trick. Their quarreling over the
placement of one stick was hysterical.
Nearby, male Hooded Mergansers were displaying to their prospective mates
and a Hairy Woodpecker kept up a constant drumming from the top of a dead
tree.

Happy Holidays

Iain MacLeod
Ashland