Date: 12/24/18 3:09 pm
From: Geoffrey Williamson <geoffrey.williamson.21...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET IORC - input regarding new members to be elected
Dear Illinois birding community:

I serve as Secretary of the Illinois Ornithological Records Committee (IORC
- http://www.illinoisbirds.org/illinois-ornithological-records-committee/).
IORC evaluates evidence of occurrence of rare birds in the state, archives
this evidence, and maintains the official state list of birds, among a few
other things.

IORC has six members plus the Secretary. Members serve staggered three
year terms, so that every year there are two terms expiring, and we are at
that time of year when we are nominating individuals for election to fill
these terms. Our bylaws stipulate that nominations come from the current
IORC membership, but I want to encourage all of you to send suggestions of
individuals you think would do a good job on IORC either to me or to one of
the current Members (Matt Fraker, Walter Marcisz, Keith McMullen, Adam
Sell, Doug Stotz, and Paul Sweet). The IORC bylaws note the qualification
for membership as follows: "Anyone is eligible to become a Voting Member
if, in the estimation of the existing Members, that person has demonstrated
an expert ability in and knowledge of field identification and distribution
of the birds likely to be reviewed by the Committee." IORC's bylaws are
available for your review at
http://geoffwilliamson.info/iorc/IORC_bylaws_2017-02-12.pdf

I welcome especially suggestions of individuals who, should they be
elected, would improve the diversity of the IORC membership.

Good birding,
Geoff Williamson
IORC Secretary

--