Date: 12/24/18 2:37 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Yard birds
This morning I was telling my neighbor about yesterday's amazing eagle
sighting when from the direction of the Shenandoah came a gorgeous adult
eagle.  So beautiful as he banked and a ray of sun highlighted the white
head and tail against the gray clouds in the back.

Lots of woodpecker activity again around the suet.  At one time the
Pileated, Hairy, Downy and Flicker were in close proximity on the walnut
trunk.  Earlier the Pileated was right behind the Brown Creeper, always
making for a funny size comparison.

Coming back from our dog walk around 5:00 I looked in one of the nest
boxes along the driveway and flushed a Downy.  Walking around back I
took some laundry down and had a little black and white face peering
from another nest box.  That makes three different boxes where I've
found them.   This is the first year that I've noticed Downies using the
box to roost.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!