Date: 12/24/18 9:34 am
From: Pam Hunt <biodiva...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Winter Wrens, Merlin in East Concord

Greetings all,

I opted to spend a little time this Christmas Eve morning doing a little birding away from my usual haunts. I first spent 1.5 hours at West Locke Road, where the highlight was FOUR Winter Wrens and a Swamp Sparrow!! Three of the wrens were along the Canal Trail, and there might have been a fourth at the very end, which is where the Swamp Sparrow was. The definite fourth wren was south of the main road a little farther west, where there was a steady flow of water through a culvert.

I then went to West Portsmouth Street where the highlight was a Merlin perched in a tree along the RR tracks. Three redpolls also flew over.

Happy Holidays and good birding,
Pam Hunt
Penacook