Date: 12/24/18 9:10 am
From: Roger Freeman <freemanbecard...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Great Gray Owl breeding territory nearest Portland--Clackamas County
There have been 8 years where a Great Gray Owl has been reported on the
Silverton CBC: 1996-98, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, and one in 2013 that Bob
Archer spotted. Likely most other years, GGO has just been missed, as we do
with most other owl species present (11 owl species have been sighted in
count history). The Silverton CBC circle contains relatively inaccessible
areas (canyons, mixed timber and clear cuts, private forest land) in both
eastern Marion and Clackamas Counties, and as Bob mentions, there are "lots
of great hiding areas". In Harry's blog, he posted a photo I sent him of a
GGO individual I received from a friend earlier this year, seen in the area
near Mollala.

Roger Freeman
Silverton OR

Join us on Facebook!