Date: 12/23/18 1:24 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] PO CBC update
Just checked eBird and noticed Mike and MerryLynn Denny were at Floras Lake
around noon yesterday- I was off hiking north and south of lake and missed
them, they had Bushtits which we missed but our species total is still 144
since I accidentally counted WT Kite which we missed.

Here is a list of species we missed and some more notes:
-Gadwall (count often only has 2 or 3, it is a duck poor area except the
ranch fields were flooded this year).
-Harlequin Duck (we didn’t have anyone covering Blacklock Point due to a
last minute change so we may have gotten it, but tough on count in recent
yrs)
- C Goldeneye (not so common here)
-Mourning Dove (count week)
-Surbird (one on Coos count and none on Florence count; only two Black
Turnstones!)
-Spotted Sandpiper
-WT Kite
-GH Owl
-Red Crossbill (and there was one flock of siskins)
-Lapland Longspur (use to be wintering birds but not in a few yrs).
-N Shrike (tough most yrs)

T’was a memorable day. Merry CBCing all!

Tim

Join us on Facebook!