Date: 12/23/18 12:36 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET S cranes cook co
Doing some organizing and I heard some bugling and I was lucky enough to finally see the cranes. We had a group of about 80-ish sandhill cranes no whooping heading straight south. As they got over my head I started calling out to them and waving and they all stopped and formed into a circular shaped clump instead of the large vee shape they were in previously and then they circled around in place one or two times over my head looking down at me. Then they decided apparently that I wasn't that exciting and slowly moved off to the east where there's a park but no water and no corn and it seemed like some were trying to set down there but eventually they formed again into a messy V and headed south, probably heading to Jasper Pulaski or somewhere in that area.

Merry Xmas to all!

Suzanne Coleman
Crane magic for xmas
Cook County FP