Date: 12/22/18 10:58 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: Re: eBird vs. Raptor Routes
I didn't know I could attach the route map elsewhere and thought that
'domestic goose' looked 'available'.
And I was rather suggesting in my email to eBird that they simply include a
'place' for this.
Could also be a habitat shot for point type counts. And then it could be
cataloged under a different category in McCauley. e.g. instead of just
searching for a species you could search for 'maps' or 'habitat' or
'route', etc. Or not make it searchable at all. In any event you
would not now find it in a species search because no species is named.
But it would still appear with the checklist as just one more photo, often
more interesting that more bird photos of common birds.
For now, I just wanted to get it into the report and prompt some
discussion, here and at eBird.

> -

Join us on Facebook!