Date: 12/22/18 10:47 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: eBird vs. Raptor Routes
Well, I see it did get published in spite of the online statement that it
would not be.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50877154
One giant step for me. One little step (backward) for ornithology.

Yes, I like the zero entry. I didn't include it in the total number of
birds, but zero would be
so much better.

I was inspired for the owl entry by a recent OBOL report whose author must
remain anonymous.
But, you know who you are!

As we were driving down this lane, my son at the wheel (a non birder in
spite of my best efforts)
said. *We just passed an owl.* *Go back *I blurted out. *It will be
there when we come back* he said.
(it was a one way and return segment). How can he know that I thought.