Date: 12/22/18 9:52 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: The next skirmish: eBird vs. Raptor Routes?
From a more remote territory (relative to Hood River) OBOLer
*Bob, what I do on my Raptor Route is break it up into segments. My route
is about 40 miles long so I break it into 8 segments and list the birds
that way and I have no problems with Ebird. No battle at all!*

But Hood River has >50 individual cataloged segments (see previous attached
image). A bit of a battle. 76 miles long. A great(?) traverse, largely
through the fruit orchards and environs with some open country.

Seems like just the total tally, at least for eBird, would be informative
to many. Those who want more could search out the Route Record itself
from another source. And one advantage of eBird is that it is so easy to
attach interesting images.

Bob OBrien

Join us on Facebook!