Date: 12/22/18 7:20 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sedge Wren - NO on 12/22
The grassy birds at Waite are very weather-sensitive. On nice days there is incredible activity, on wet or windy days there isn’t.

We will try to have a known good-weather option sometime after Jan 4. Right now the 29th looks like reasonable weather; hope it stays that way.

Thanks to Kit Larsen for being today’s docent.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Dec 22, 2018, at 7:14 PM, Stefan Schlick <greenfant...> wrote:
>
> About 10 folks spent from 8:30-11:30am this morning to find the wren(s), with no success. It was chilly and there was a stiff cold wind most of the time. We had very few birds, no Swamp or Lincoln’s Sparrow AT ALL. Of course, a few Marsh Wrens were around, almost all heard only. The birds just seem to be hunkered down today.
>
> Stefan Schlick
> Hillsboro, OR

Join us on Facebook!