Date: 12/21/18 5:42 pm
From: Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Prairie Falcon at N. Valley View Rd. again
I've seen a PRFA several times lately near my house, 2 of them on one
occasion, once on a utility pole right next to the house. Today, I saw a
bird that looked whitish in front and darker on the back... it was about a
mile away on a snag and even with image-stabilized 10X bins it was hard to
ID... I was thinking Ferruginous Hawk because I have seen them around
lately also. With my camera at 1920 mm (same as 38.4X scope) and cropping,
the image became an easy ID as a PRFA. A good case for using photos for ID
assistance.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/136435824@N03/32540914368/in/datetaken/