Date: 12/21/18 5:12 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Re: TWO Sedge Wrens - Lane county.
Wow - that’s amazing and nice work Adrian and whomever else discovered the
second Sedge Wren! Courtney Kelly Jett was the first I heard to introduce
the two bird theory. She had been listening to the birds for a while by the
time we arrived this past Monday, and was suspecting a possible second
Sedge Wren. At times you could hear two individuals giving Common
Yellowthroat-like fart calls. I managed to talk myself out of there being
two individuals, scratched my head a bit, and attributed such sounds to an
odd Marsh Wren.

Thinking back on Monday, I felt the Sedge Wren looked slightly different
one of the times it surfaced from the grass. There was also an additional
Wren or two “chasing” the Sedge Wren around when we observed it, but we
never got a chance to see both wrens (or all theee wrens) together. This is
one of those rare moments I’m actually happy about being wrong. Excellent
stuff!

Best,
Nick Mrvelj (PDX via Ohio for the holidays)

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 2:54 PM Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
wrote:

> When l was there on Monday 12/17 l seriously thought l heard two. But
> there was a mixed group traveling about--Marsh Wrens, Song Sparrows, and
> Lincoln's. Someone got me to dismiss Sedge Wren ll as the Lincoln's. Lars
>
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2018, 11:17 AM Tristen Hynes <tristen.hynes16...>
> wrote:
>
>> It was mentioned while we were there, at first I disregarded it as
>> somebody with Eastern bluebird fever... But then I started to wonder as i
>> listened to call notes and location discrepancies.
>>
>> Tristen Hynes
>>
>> Sent from my Huawei Mate 20 Pro
>>
>> On Fri, 21 Dec 2018, 11:15 am Tristen Hynes <tristen.hynes16...>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering.
>>>
>>> Tristen Hynes
>>>
>>> Sent from my Huawei Mate 20 Pro