Date: 12/21/18 5:01 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: White Egret
Thank you Sally. Good photos.

The gape does not extend past the eye. Additionally, there is a dark tip to the upper mandible as shown in the second photo.

For what its worth, the bird looks kind of like a Cattle Egret and kind of like a Great Egret, which is right for Intermediate Egret.

I cannot make an argument that this is not an Intermediate Egret.

(All - please don’t bother with the uncertain provenance stuff. 😊)

I may have to wait a couple of weeks to try for it….

Jeff Gilligan

> On Dec 21, 2018, at 4:23 PM, Sally Hill <1sallyhill.9...> wrote:
>
> More white egret photos from today. The small bird was on west side of Washburn just on other side of hedgerow.
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50848667 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50848667>
> Sally Hill
> Eugene Oregon

Join us on Facebook!