Date: 12/21/18 7:26 am
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] RI Razorbill flight
Extralimital from w. RI coast 12/20:

“From Chris Raithel:
A remarkable and perhaps record-setting flight of Razorbills is occurring this morning along the western coast of RI. There were groups of ~ten flying past Weekapaug Breachway, all heading west. I drove to the Watch Hill lighthouse, where groups of 8 - 15 were flying west, about every 5 - 20 seconds. After 5 minutes, there were about 600 Razorbills that flew west. The flight is continuing at this moment, with some Razorbills as close as 30 feet from the shoreline.
Razorbills are counted as they fly in front of me.

CT birders might head to the coast!”

I’m at the Stratford coast- in an hour so far 5 COMMON EIDERS, 1 NORTHERN GANNET, 6 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS.

Frank Mantlik

Sent from my iPhone