Date: 12/20/18 7:12 pm
From: Diana Beatty <otowi33.33...>
Subject: [cobirds] Fountain Creek Christmas Bird Count 12/20 preliminary results
Thank you to the 27 birders who volunteered their time and efforts today
for the Fountain Creek CBC in El Paso County.

We enjoyed clear skies and little/no wind, with a chilly start in the 20s,
ending in the high 40s.

We had at least 84 species today. Some examples of birds counted include
Bald and Golden Eagles, Barn Owl, Western Screech Owl, Red-headed
Woodpecker, Ladder-backed Woodpecker, Loggerhead Shrike, Bewick's Wren,
Winter Wren,Curve-billed Thrasher, Lapland Longspur, Swamp Sparrow,
White-throated Sparrow, Great-tailed Grackle and Common Yellowthroat.

Happy Birding and Happy Holidays,

Diana Beatty
Fountain Creek CBC
El Paso County
--

******

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the
old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.