Date: 12/19/18 5:06 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coos/Curry Birds of Late
Waite Ranch team (Tye Jeske, Josh Galpern, Daniel Farrar) at Florence CBC had 21 Lincoln’s and 8 Swamps. Plus almost a hundred Marsh Wren and over a hundred Song Sparrows. It is basically all wet grass and marsh edge habitat.

When I have done the cape I do better on Lincoln's below Hughes House than I do at the big marsh.

I’m not aware of any movements of Red Phal. I think I saw ONE in early November.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Dec 19, 2018, at 4:56 PM, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...> wrote:
>
> On Tuesday there was a N SHRIKE at Johnson Mill Pond County Park near Coquille.
>
> On Wednesday Terry Wahl reported the following continuing birds: DUSKY FLY, SAY’S PHOEBE, HARRIS’S SPARROW, 2 SNOW GEESE, and a TRUMPETER SWAN.
>
> Today I scouted Cape Blanco area for PO CBC coming this Saturday. At the huge marsh there were tens of rails calling- Virginia’s and Soras. At and adjacent to parking area there were 6 SWAMP SPARROWS and 4 PALM WARBLERS. At Hughes House an OSPREY was hanging out along river. A half dozen bluebirds were in fields on drive in.
>
> No crossbills or siskins to be found- both missed on Coos Bay CBC because there are none around on coast now. Also, after several very windy storms, no Red Phalaropes. Lincoln Sparrows almost missed on Coos Bay CBC (1) and none seen today at Blanco marsh which has excellent habitat for them? I think Florence CBC had good number though?
>
> Happy CBCing!
> Tim R
> Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!