Date: 12/19/18 4:16 pm
From: Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
Subject: [obol] Sherwood Red-naped Sapsucker
Hi All -

Taghrid and I today went on a short hop over to Sherwood to look for the Red-naped Sapsucker that’s been reported by others recently. The bird didn’t disappoint, and didn’t make us wait too long. We found him at pretty much the exact same location that Stefan Schlick reported a couple of days ago (at GPS coordinates 45.351988, -122.850894).

We had excellent views, with the bird within 20 feet of us most of the time (we stayed about 15-20 minutes). On our way back to the car, we ran into Tom Love (always nice to put a face with a name one's seen often on OBOL 😊).

Some photos from our Red-naped encounter at https://flic.kr/s/aHsmoLgTmh.

Good birding,

Nagi & Taghrid.

Join us on Facebook!