Date: 12/19/18 1:08 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
We did Skinner’s Butte this morning and found to our disapointment, almost a complete lack of tunderstory and shrub cover. Supposedly, this had been cleared for the revival of native species. There was essentially one mixed flock, which contained most of the birds, excepting the bushtit flock and the goldfinch flock. We were hoping to find the usual winter flocks of more diversity and check for Mountain Chickadees. Finches were also lacking, except for the goldfinches seen in flight.
Some resting gulls were seen by three of us near Roosevelt Middle School, in town.
28 species.

Cackling Goose fly-over flocks
Anna’s Hummingbird 6
Ring-billed Gull
Glaucous-winged Gull
Downy Woodpecker 3
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 3
Steller’s Jay
California Scrub-Jay
American Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
Chestnut-backed Chickadee 1
Bushtit 30
Red-breasted Nuthatch 2
Brown Creeper 4
Pacific Wren 4
Bewick’s Wren 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Hermit Thrush 1
American Robin several
Varied Thrush 1
American Goldfinch a flock unexamined for species.
Spotted Towhee several
Song Sparrow several
White-throated Sparrow 1
Dark-eyed Junco single flock
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1

Judy Franzen, Jim Regali, Tom Cable, Sarah Vasconcellos, Pamela Carpenter, John Polo, Steve Dignam, Sue Hutchinson, Nancy Clogston, Jim Mitchell, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!