Date: 12/17/18 10:08 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Prineville North WRS
Today, I was joined by Bob Authier, Mike McDaniel and Jan McDaniel as we
ran the Prineville North Winter Raptor Survey. Thanks to the efforts of
a great team, we managed to find 145 raptors today.  Here's how it broke
down:

100 - Red-tailed Hawks

8 - American Kestrels

10 - Northern Harriers (No Males)

10 - Bald Eagles (6 adults and 4 immatures)

2 - Golden Eagles

4 - Rough-legged Hawks

5 - Ferruginous Hawks

5 - Prairie Falcons

1 - Sharp-shinned Hawk

Non-raptor species included;  Canada Goose, Cackling Goose, Mallard,
Green-winged Teal, Wild Turkey, Great Blue Heron, Rock Pigeon, Eurasian
Collared-dove, Northern Flicker, California Scrub-jay, Black-billed
Magpie, Common Raven, Western Bluebird, American Robin, European
Starling, White-crowned Sparrow, Brewer's Blackbird, American Goldfinch
and House Sparrow.

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com