Date: 12/6/18 4:59 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] December 6, 2018, (Polk) N SHRIKE and BURROWING OWL and no Bean Goose
This is as good as it gets here in the Willamette Valley in December with
the rare sun shining. This month with November is my least favorite time
of year. Today the sun was shining, the air was not bad, Jack Presley and
I looked for the Bean Goose in Finley NWR, no one saw it as of this morning
or early PM.

On the way back to Salem we looked for a possible BURROWING OWL, and at the
same time we accidentally saw an adult NORTHERN SHRIKE and Shrikes seem to
be popping up everywhere lately. Burrowing Owl locations are sensitive, in
Western Oregon, as they should be. The BURROWING OWL this afternoon was
miles from Baskett Slough NWR. If need be, I'll tell you the location when
you contact me, if you can be trusted and I will be the judge of that.
That species is so visible and close to farm roads in open areas usually in
the ditch where you can hardly help but see it that secrecy about precise
location likely does not accomplish much, we should try anyway

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!