Date: 12/6/18 4:52 pm
From: Aaron Beerman <aaron.beerman...>
Subject: [obol] Pine Siskins
Hi All,

Another thing during my morning walk at River Island was a sizable group of Pine Siskin (around 80). Normally I have a few at my home feeders this time of year. However, I don’t recall seeing any this fall. This sighting combined with discussion yesterday by (I think) Alan and other prompted me to look at the eBird maps.

This is what I found. The image with mostly red marks (recents) shows Nov, 2018 reports while the one with mostly Blue is Nov, 2017. The coast in particular is notably fewer in reports compared to this time last year. I seen only 5. I haven’t seen any coastal Crossbills this fall either. The eBird maps appear to show similarly fewer reports for Crossbills, especially on the coast.

Aaron

Join us on Facebook!