Date: 12/6/18 12:10 pm
From: Christian Hagenlocher <chagenlocher...>
Subject: [cobirds] Colorado Rare Bird Alert Facebook Group
Hello Colorado Birders,

It seems like from the discussion today that a Colorado Rare Bird Alert Facebook group would be useful for both resident and visiting birders to the state. (Great suggestion, Carl!) Before Diana's kind offer, I took the liberty to create this group, which is now up and running with rules, moderators, and a growing pool of members. It is now up to the birding community to use this group as another tool in our toolbox to report rare birds and share sightings in the manner outlined by the group’s rules.

I know this action may ruffle some feathers. The Colorado Rare Bird Alert group isn’t intended to replace or outcompete the daily Rare Bird Alert, the Colorado Birds Google group, or the Denver Field Ornithologists group. Each one plays an important role in how people access information and bird sightings, and serves a valuable purpose. I’m grateful for the dedication shown by those who have stepped up to the plate to continue the Rare Bird Alert emails- that's great news! I'm sure sightings will migrate from the email to the Facebook page, and vice versa (Hopefully in a timely manner!)

I invite anyone interested to join, and for those who don’t use Facebook, tell your friends who do- so all may benefit from this new tool. The link is live at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/coloradorba/

Good birding,

Christian Hagenlocher
Buena Vista, CO
Sent from my iPhone