Date: 12/6/18 11:35 am
From: Frank Vanslager via Groups.Io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Barrow's Goldeneye and Snow Goose Continue at Shoreline Lake on 12/6/18
All:

A number of days ago I was walking along the northern edge of Shoreline Lake when I saw the male Barrow's x Common Goldeneye and a Common Goldeneye close, right next to each other -- but I forgot my camera.  Today, at about the same place I saw a male Barrow's and a male Common Goldeneye swimming side by side.  If you enlarge the 2 attached photos you can see three attributes of the Barrow's: 1) The more forward-thrusting top of the head, 2) the smaller, slightly upturned bill, and 3) the darker upper part of the folded wing, ending in a downward pointing spur.

Just before quitting I found the immature Snow Goose right next to the path at the southeast corner of A1.  See photo.

Frank Vanslager