Date: 12/6/18 11:24 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Rough-winged Swallow - Clackamas
Wow. Interesting that it's 4 days early this year and seems to have lost
it's friend.: (See below, get it?) Bob OBrien

"
Northern Rough-winged Swallow <https://ebird.org/species/nrwswa>

Identified as Tree Swallows in the field (first winter females). However,
upon review of my photos, I feel first winter Northern Rough-winged Swallow
is a better fit for both birds. Main ID features include overall muted,
brown coloration, pale wing bar on the coverts, and dusty/buffy cheek and
throat coloration. There are two different birds in the photos. Both of
them appeared practically identical in the field.

Second record of this species occurring in Oregon in December that I'm
aware of. The other record was coincidentally also on December 10th, and
consisted of two birds." Nick Mrvelj 12/10/2017
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S41018554

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:36 PM Aaron Beerman <aaron.beerman...>
wrote:

> I went back and got some photos of the apparent N Rough-winged. It was
> still by the young pine forest along the river.
>
> Checklist https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50452356
>
> Bird well,
> Aaron
>

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 1:41 PM, Aaron Beerman <aaron.beerman...> wrote:
>
> There is an apparent Rough-wing Swallow circling at River Island Natural
> area currently. Brown, lacking collar for Bank. Doesn’t look like a pale
> immature Tree either. Wow! Sadly, I didn’t take my camera today. Out for a
> walk and I didn’t think I’d see anything of interest :)
> Cheers,
> Aaron

Join us on Facebook!