Date: 12/6/18 9:50 am
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Keeping Counts alive
I agree with Lars except for the two priority areas that I mentioned.

In the Portland and Eugene area there are enough observers to run multiple counts (Eugene gets over 100 field observers) but a “field trip” from Portland to McNary would be more useful in terms of data.

Five extra observers makes a huge difference in many more isolated counts. It makes no difference in Eugene, Corvallis, Salem, Medford or Portland. That’s why I rarely attend my home count in Eugene.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Dec 6, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...> wrote:
>
> Every time l hear about a new CBC l cringe a little. For the most part it amounts to slicing the pie into more pieces, not baking a bigger pie, let alone a new one altogether. Give someone a ride this year to an out of town count who doesn't have a car or needs to share their car . Better still, give someone a ride who's too young to have a driver's license, but highly qualified to be a team leader. This really does bake a bigger pie. Lars

Join us on Facebook!