Date: 12/6/18 9:15 am
From: Lethaby, Nick <000003fc6e73b46b-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [BIRDWG01] [EXTERNAL] [BIRDWG01] Possible Little Stint
Will,

This looks like a Western Sandpiper to me. A few specific points in favor of Western are:

1. Bill length. While this isn't the longest-billed Western, the bill certainly looks longer than what would be shown by any Little Stint.

2. Lack of a gape notch. Both Little and Red-necked Stint show an obvious gape notch.

3. Primary projection. Little (and Red-necked) would show more primary tips projecting beyond the tertials and a generally longer-winged appearance.

Nick