Date: 12/6/18 8:48 am
From: marimammoser <marimammoser...>
Subject: [cobirds] Do we want an RBA
my vote is vehemently YES. With a handicapped wife my birding time is quite
limited. I use the RBA *every day* to see what has been seen and to plan
how to use the hour here or hour there to go check on birds that have been
reported. I also check in Ebird but quite often the reporters do not post
until they get home after a day's birding. To hear about an unusual or
interesting bird late in the afternoon or evening or the next morning can
be very frustrating when there could have been an opportunity for me to get
out during the time the bird was originally being seen. I'm not sure if
Ebird reporters can access the application from their smart phones and post
while out in the field, but do know that Cobirders can. Having grown up
with Cobirds since the 80's I would hate to see it go away.

My two cents
Joe Mammoser
Fort Collins