Date: 12/6/18 5:30 am
Subject: Selection of Locations for Hotspots
Greetings all

In the past few months I have been Birding a great deal in NC and have really enjoyed exploring some of the nearby counties eBird Hotspots.

However on several occasions I have come across Hotspots that have their location selection at a middle of a lake or in the middle of a trail and not anywhere near for a Birder not from the area would know where to get to the best views of the lake or where to park to get on a trail.

Please keep this in mind when setting up a new Hotspot and if you come across one consider moving its location.

I did this on a trail that I came across in Mecklenburg Co VA early this year. The location was on the middle of the trail named incorrectly and wasn’t near either one of the two parking areas to assess the trail.

Thank you and Good Birding.

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock