Date: 12/6/18 12:10 am
From: <jcolemanarch...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Bicknell’s Thrush...
I believe it has been many years since Bicknell’s Thrush has been found breeding in Massachusetts, its last hold out being Mount Greylock. Closest to Massachusetts would be Stratton mountain in Vermont, possibly Mount Snow in Vermont, and Plateau and Slide Mountains in New York State. They are still found in numbers at a few (but shrinking number of) locations in the northeast, including Whiteface Mountain in NY, a few peaks in northern Vermont including Mansfield, a few peaks in the White Mountains of NH including Washington, and a few sites in western ME. If you look for them it’s best to try very early in the morning while they are still advertising for nest sites and mates; once the breeding season gets well underway they start to vocalize much less.

Jeremy Coleman
Shelburne Falls, MA

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 8:01 PM, Paul Guidetti <guidettipaul...> wrote:
>
> ...referenced in Season 2 Episode 4 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel “We’re going to the Catskills”...
>
> Question: would one expect to find Bicknell’s Thrush in summer in the Catskills?
>
> Paul Guidetti
> Westford, MA

Join us on Facebook!