Date: 12/5/18 8:31 pm
From: Mike Patterson <celata...>
Subject: [obol] Columbia Estuary Report - 12/5/2018
Columbia Estuary Report - 12/5/2018

The pale bunting putatively ID'd as a MCKAY's BUNTING continues
to reported in a roving flock of SNOW BUNTINGS. Also associated
with the flock are at least two LAPLAND LONGSPURS. A HORNED LARK
and SHORT-EARED OWL were also seen by bunting hunters. The bunting
flock may be breaking up. I found a flock of about less than 30
on the beach this afternoon and did not note the pale bird.

A TROPICAL KINGBIRD was reported with photos was reported from
Wireless Rd yesterday. I relocated it today near the small group
of houses across from Del's Tires on the 101 business loop just
north of the jct to Wireless.

A second kingbird is hanging out at Jackson Rd in Brownsmead.

A photogenic ROCK SANDPIPER is with turnstones and SURFBIRDS at
the Seaside Cove.

There are SNOW GEESE, PALM WARBLERS and SWAMP SPARROWS at multiple
locations.

I am assuming the flock of WINTER WRENS reported at Ft Stevens
was mislabeled.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR