Date: 12/5/18 5:04 pm
From: Michael Thelen <mikethelen...>
Subject: Field Trip Announcement -- StL Area
The ST. LOUIS AUDUBON SOCIETY is sponsoring a field trip this Saturday to
Watershed Nature Center in Edwardsville, Illinois.

DATE:  Saturday, December 8, 2018

MEETING TIME:  8:30 a.m.

MEETING PLACE:  There is ample, free parking at the WNC Visitors' Center.
We'll meet in the parking lot.

DIRECTIONS:  From Missouri it's easy to get to the WNC. From Missouri take
I-270 across the Mississippi River east to routes 255 (I-255 runs south of
I-270; Ill hwy 255 runs north). North on Ill hwy 255 then exit at New Poag
Rd. East on New Poag Rd past SIUE to Rose Ave. Left on Rose Ave, right on
Grand Ave, left on Terry St. Terry St turns into Tower Ave which takes you
right to the WNC. Starting at the Rose Ave turn there are signs which
direct you to the WNC. You can't get lost.

For your nav system you can use this address:

Watershed Nature Center
591 Tower Ave
Edwardsville, IL 62025

PLAN:  This is a 1/2 day trip and will be all on foot. We'll be hiking from
the parking lot on well-groomed trails for a total distance of about 1.5
miles.  Walking is easy and, unlike Riverlands, the trail is sheltered. We
should be back to our starting point well before noon. Our hike will take
us around the lake through prairie, forest and wetland habitats. As it's a
1/2 day trip no formal lunch stop is planned so bring your own food and
drink to suit. Right now the forecast for Saturday is pretty decent.

PARTICIPATION:  Everyone is welcome, SLAS members and non-members.

LEADER:  Mike Thelen

COST:  Free

MORE INFO:  Contact me, or visit the SLAS web site at
www.stlouisaudubon.org, or visit the WNC web site at
www.watershednaturecenter.org

WNC is a great place to visit and if you've never been there this is a good
introduction.

Mike Thelen
Univ City, StL Cnty, MO
<mikethelen...>