Date: 12/5/18 11:10 am
From: Sean Walters <waltersintherockies...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Re: Gyrfalcon in Southern Fort Collins, Larimer County
Hello Joe and all,

The eBird daily report you got did not mention Gyr because it never should
at this point. eBird treats this as a "sensitive" species and it is blocked
from most output data. As an aside, it was accepted by reviewers rather
quickly (within 1 hour of it being submitted). I think most people agree
that the burden does not fall on the reviewer for publicizing someone
else's sighting. As far as I am aware, this is why eBird sends out
unreviewed sightings in the daily reports.

Best,
Sean Walters
Fort Collins, CO