Date: 12/5/18 6:00 am
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Burrowing Owl Baskett Slough NWR Location
On the 1981 Corvallis CBC Bill Thackaberry found a Mountain Plover near
Shedd. He lived in Scio so typically skipped the countdown to go straight
home. His partner for the day took the tally sheet to Corvallis and told
folks the Mtn Plover was on the east side of county rd. X. It had been in
fact on the west side. We all went out looking on the Eastside, where there
turned out to be a Burrowing Owl. Numerous parties saw it until it was
eaten by a Red-tailed Hawk. It would be hard to argue it wasn't a direct
result of the high traffic of nature lovers.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018, 5:07 AM Jim Leonard <photojleonard...> wrote:

> I have received several emails about the specific location of the
> Burrowing Owl. After seeing it yesterday morning and photographing it
> from my pickup window i went back a couple of hours later. There were two
> cars parked at the location in the road. They had gotten out of their cars
> trying to photograph or to get a closer look. I talked to them and they
> said they had caused it to fly far out into a field and then it flew again
> out of site. I decided then not to reveal the location. I hope everyone
> will understand that this owl is being seen by other people at the refuge
> and is being disturb enough. I have seen owl postings on OBOL in the past
> and have privately emailed to find out the location and the people have
> denied to tell me. I respect and understand their position. Happy
> Birding, Jim Leonard.

Join us on Facebook!