Date: 12/5/18 5:08 am
From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard...>
Subject: [obol] Burrowing Owl Baskett Slough NWR Location
I have received several emails about the specific location of the Burrowing
Owl. After seeing it yesterday morning and photographing it from my
pickup window i went back a couple of hours later. There were two cars
parked at the location in the road. They had gotten out of their cars
trying to photograph or to get a closer look. I talked to them and they
said they had caused it to fly far out into a field and then it flew again
out of site. I decided then not to reveal the location. I hope everyone
will understand that this owl is being seen by other people at the refuge
and is being disturb enough. I have seen owl postings on OBOL in the past
and have privately emailed to find out the location and the people have
denied to tell me. I respect and understand their position. Happy
Birding, Jim Leonard.

Join us on Facebook!