Date: 12/4/18 7:04 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Most unexpected rarity?
Actually, there are at least 3 breeding records for Alberta and I only
looked at checklists which included photos so
I undoubtedly missed some or many breeding records. And Alberta is pretty
sparsely birded due to populations
mostly in larger cities. I have the BB Atlas for Alberta but (typically)
can't find it now.
Many (most?) western Canadian shorebird and passerine breeders head east
before turning south. But there could be
a mistake. It is interesting that both are males, but Bluebirds are
flocking birds in the winter so
it may be more surprising that EABB has not been found previously. As
several have mentioned, it would be
very easy to overlook an EABB which was just assumed to be a WEBB.

See attached. I have put dates next to breeding records of those
bubbles/checklists which included photos.

Bob OBbrien