Date: 12/4/18 3:57 pm
From: Brian Fitch <fogeggs...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Eagle & Gnatcatcher
Yesterday at Battery Godfrey, a young Bald Eagle flew northward from Land's
End out over the Golden Gate channel, circled many times near Mile Rock,
then flew back to SF, and later launched north again, disappearing behind
the lone cypress. Neither Paul nor I picked it up again on either side of
the water. Despite good easterly wind, we didn't see much besides many
loons and scoters, and a few common duck species.

Today while unsuccessfully searching for the sparrow, there was a Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher along the south side of the plateau at Candlestick. And
Lincoln's Sparrows were off the chart there; I haven't seen so many
anywhere in years.

Brian Fitch

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>