Date: 12/4/18 1:03 pm
From: J Hayes <balgryph...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Snowy Owl
Just a hunch, but I'm filing this under 'trash bird'... and no, I didn't
even bother to look at "John Mellencamp's" checklist. Moments like this
make me feel empathy for eBird reviewers. Oh well, back to work for me.

Jeff Hayes

Portland

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018, 12:45 PM Brodie Cass Talbott <brodietlewis...>
wrote:

> Some friends and I were discussing this report, and that comment, and one
> of them noted his previous checklist at the Portland Audubon sanctuary that
> seemed highly improbable to say the least:
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50418902
>
> Nice day for a drive on Gillihan, especially with a little John "Cougar"
> in the tape deck, but I wouldn't be banking on any rare owls.
>
> Brodie "happy to be wrong" Cass Talbott
> Portland
>

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018, 12:29 john bishop <dmarc-noreply...> wrote:
>
>> I’m sure many of you saw the ebird alert for a snowy owl on Sauvie Island
>>
>> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50419423
>>
>> Has anyone gone looking? I don’t know John Mellencamp, so I don’t know
>> how to take this comment on his checklist: "Absolutely majestic. Definitely
>> a snowy unless it was just a large dove”
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

Join us on Facebook!