Date: 12/3/18 10:33 am
From: Will Cook <cwcook...>
Subject: Re: Louisiana Waterthrush
But yet Kent's Louisiana Waterthrush in Chapel Hill on 12/27/1992 was
accepted by the count compiler at the time and is part of the record at
the official CBC data site

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__netapp.audubon.org_CBCObservation_Historical_ResultsByCount.aspx&d=DwICaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=bFHsp411NRz6ktzjPq16KlV8Tz_mWtnuOBBXpFJ-XL0&s=dnHcDqDvitq7fQInGpyuoFU1QmCUoli37THCS9DG-4k&e=

with no flags noted.

Will Cook - Durham, NC

On 12/3/2018 12:25 PM, Kent Fiala (via carolinabirds Mailing List) wrote:
> I think I saw a Louisiana Waterthrush on the 1992 Chapel Hill Christmas
> Bird Count, but I wasn't able to persuade the bird police.
>
> Kent Fiala
>
> On 12/3/2018 9:20 AM, Paul Taillie (via carolinabirds Mailing List) wrote:
>> I heard an extremely late Louisiana Waterthrush yesterday on Transis
>> Camp rd on the Durham/Chatham line in NC. It sang a pretty textbook
>> song 5-10 times, though I didn't have binoculars with me so it was not
>> visually confirmed. I figured this was worth sharing giving the
>> impending Christmas Bird Count season.
>>
>> According to eBird, there are only two winter records of LOWA in
>> eastern North America north of Florida, both from recent years (2016
>> and 2017).
>>
>> Good birding,
>>
>> Paul
>> Orange Co. NC