Date: 12/2/18 6:05 pm
From: Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
Subject: [obol] Eastern Bluebirds - yes
Taghrid and I went out birding today, and took the opportunity to visit with the Eastern Bluebirds at the Dharma Rain Zen Center. I managed to get some decent photos - see album link below.

And to reassure any folks concerned about how these photos were taken - it took some patience and observing of how the birds moved. After a while it became clear that, at least this morning, their route was from the yellow bush/tree by the pond, to another bush a little bit further west (towards 82nd), then a stop at the tall posts at the edge of the field, then a stop in the trees edging the back parking lot of the Greater Floors store on 82nd. I went to the edge of the store’s parking lot, and waited for them to make their next appearance, which in due time they did, and managed to snap off a few photos without disturbing them.

After the bluebirds, we headed back, with a stopover at the Koll Center Wetlands in Beaverton, which had at least two dozen Pied-billed Grebes, a couple of Greater Egrets, a few Gadwall, and around a dozen or so Common Mergansers. Large numbers of American Coots and Scaup (badly backlit, so couldn’t determine whether Greater or Lesser) were present as well. Oh, and a half dozen Glaucous-winged Gulls as well. Some photos from that stop also in the album below.

Photos at https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrWBf1J.

Good birding,

Nagi & Taghrid

Join us on Facebook!