Date: 12/2/18 10:07 am
From: <hilton...> <hilton...>
Subject: Hilton Pond 11/01/18 (Wayward Finches And A Pondbow Counterpoint)
I got word from the federal Bird Banding Lab that two of my banded finches from Hilton Pond Center had been encountered elsewhere this year--one very far from "home." These wayward birds are the topic for installment #680 of "This Week a Hilton Pond" for 1-7 Nov 2018.

The photo essay includes a counterpoint to our earlier explanation of a "Hilton Pondbow" that appeared here in October, as well as the usual lists of all birds banded or captured during the period. We also acknowledge recent contributions from the Center's generous supporters.

To view the installment, please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek181101.html&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=HsUtMHFk4NdrFThGdvmXjMPHeufS9wfb8d8noKIuEHk&s=GdPJZGBz1Mh-pP3qPYyPIdI6_nvKhF5BE_9am3U9M9Q&e=

Happy Nature watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_HiltonPond&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=HsUtMHFk4NdrFThGdvmXjMPHeufS9wfb8d8noKIuEHk&s=efE0ObtDZmRj7JeRyFA5uVujOr_YFkFo9mdEb6i51LA&e= for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_rubythroats&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=HsUtMHFk4NdrFThGdvmXjMPHeufS9wfb8d8noKIuEHk&s=JE-maG1fkGMhIUrWBfWqninZMRfSVX-XT7bkehOPu0w&e=

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond

========

DR. BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to watch the sunset." BHjr.

Join us on Facebook!