Date: 12/1/18 9:21 pm
From: Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
Subject: [obol] Portland Gnatcatcher Subspecies
I managed some crappy flight shots of the Portland Gnatcatcher today. See
checklist below. Wondering if they show enough to determine that this is
in fact an eastern bird of the caerula subspecies. The two outer rectrices
appear white down to the base to my eyes. Light and views were too poor to
get a gauge on the color and shade of the upperparts. It also called once
quite clearly while I was there. It sounded higher and thinner than
typical western birds, but that's possibly wishful thinking. Maybe others
obtained better photos or sound recordings?

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50353248

Philip Kline

Join us on Facebook!