Date: 12/1/18 7:47 pm
From: Mike Patterson <celata...>
Subject: [obol] Comments on the bunting photos so far...
Not many of the photos have been posted yet, but I would like
to comment on those posted by Nels Nelson. Please refer to:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50312364

I thin his photos suffer from the same issues I have had with
photographing these buggers in flight. The lighting is very harsh
and which bleaches out the contrast in feathers. I don't believe
a case can be made for either of the in flight birds he photographed
being the object bird, in fact, I'm pretty sure they are not. If
you reduce the brightness in those photos to compensate for over-
exposure, stop looking like they are all that white.

As for the tail shot, unfortunately, it is of the under tail and
both McKay's and Snow look similar enough from below to make that
photo moot.

I do have some good news, however. Have a look at the bottom-most
bird in photo ML126003891...

I brought the brightness down, enlarged and attached...

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR

Join us on Facebook!