Date: 12/1/18 7:39 pm
From: Craig Tumer <craig...>
Subject: [obol] Hood River and Wasco Counties today.
While many Oregon birders traveled west today to chase the putative
McKay's Bunting at Clatsop Beach, I traveled east and birded northern
Hood River and Wasco Counties. I birded from Hood River east to The
Dalles and Deschutes River State Park and then south to Dufur, Tygh
Valley, and Sherar's Bridge. I was unable to locate the Tufted Duck in
Hood River, despite carefully searching the mixed scaup flock more
times than I should have. I did, however, locate the continuing Swamp
Sparrow at the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center. I didn't find any
mega-rarities, but I had a nice day with lots of birds and beautiful
scenery. Highlights were the Swamp Sparrow, three Barrow's Goldeneyes
(at The Dalles Dam and Deschutes River SP), two Say's Phoebes
(Deschutes River SP and Tygh Valley), three Northern Shrikes (Old
Moody Road southeast of Deschutes Riv er SP and Tygh Valley), two
Lewis's Woodpeckers (riparian habitat along Eight Mile Rd in Wasco
County), and a Golden Eagle (just south of the Tygh Ridge Summit on
Hwy 197).
Craig TumerPortland
POST: Send your post to <obol...> JOIN OR QUIT:
http://www.freelists.org/list/obol OBOL archives:
www.freelists.org/archive/obol Contact moderator:
<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!