Date: 12/1/18 4:23 pm
From: peter barnes <pbarnes123...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Blue-gray gnatcatcher ne pdx
The gnatcatcher moves around a lot! When my brother Eric and I arrived at
noon, 4 birders told us that they saw it in trees at the east end of Colfax
at 1130. We then walked down the trail to Johnson Lake and relocated the
bird high in the trees, just past the row of short conifers and just before
the slough with the beware of eating fish sign. It was visible for about 5
minutes. When we were leaving around 2 pm, Audrey Addison and Courtney Jett
heard and then saw it in trees at the end of Colfax again. The bird flew
west on Colfax about 50 yards to the top of another tree. All three
times that it was seen, it was with a small flock of other passerines that
included Black-capped Chickadees and Brown Creeper, sometimes with Downy
Woodpecker.

Peter Barnes,
Gresham

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 3:22 PM Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...> wrote:

> Eric Carlson and I just refound the Gnatcatcher at around 3pm along the
> north shore of Johnson Lake from the Colfax Road access point. As others
> have reported, it was very active and stayed high in the treetops. It
> called once. Associated with a flock of kinglets, creepers, chickadees,
> and a Townsend's Warbler. Thanks for a great find Casey.
>
> Philip Kline
>
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018, 11:21 AM larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
> wrote:
>
>> It is Colfax. Also a Townsend's Warbler, Red-breastrd Sapsucker,
>> Great-horned Owl
>>

>> Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join us on Facebook!