Date: 12/1/18 2:16 pm
From: Jack Maynard <jmaynard...>
Subject: [obol] Dharma Rain Zen Center Hotspot
Kelli hadn’t yet seen the Eastern Bluebirds so we headed out to the DRZC this afternoon. The Bluebirds were in “their tree” and several birders/photogs were present and behaving well.

I unsuccessfully chased an Eastern Kingbird at this location once before, but hadn’t really done much birding here. Today we walked past the center’s parking lot and gardens and were treated to a very birdy walk through the paths along the drainage east of the center. The Hawthorne berries are ripe and the robins, juncos, starlings and scrub jays are abundant. Saw lots of Lesser Goldfinches, House Finches, a Bewick’s wren, golden crowned sparrows, a fox sparrow, and towhees. Also heard but did not see a brown creeper.

So glad this is now a hotspot! Wish I’d known about it before.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50350585

My full list.

Jack Maynard
NE PDX