Date: 12/1/18 11:35 am
From: Jeff Hansen <jeff.hansen.sd...>
Subject: St Mary's CBC scouting
Dallas Alexander and I searched the south half of the count circle this
morning. It was raining the entire time. Best birds were 14 prairie
chickens feeding in a bean field. Also 3 Brewer's blackbirds on a power
line by a farm, and two different flocks of longspurs. I presume they were
lapland but could they be Smith's? Are calls the best way to distinguish
them? what about behaviour? or habitat?

We also had both Harlan's and Krider's red tailed hawks.

The count is happening Jan 1 2019. Let me know if interested as we have
some openings in our circle.

--
Jeff Hansen
https://www.youtube.com/BackyardBirdsUS