Date: 11/30/18 8:10 pm
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Stevens Creek and Charleston Road marsh
Folks:

This morning, 11/30/18, I walked the east levee of Stevens Creek between
Crittenden Lane and Hwy 101.  There was at least two HOODED MERGANSERS
above the weir, a male and a female.  After, walking around Charleston
Road marsh, I saw an adult BALD EAGLE overhead accompanied by 40+
American Crow courtiers.  Perhaps this is the same bird that Juliana saw
over Pond A1 today.  This is the first I've seen over the marsh in
almost a hundred visits.

The trail on the north side of the Charleston Road marsh has been closed
for Phase 2 of the enhancement program.  The closure is from the
easternmost bridge to the eastern edge and the work is advertised as
being finished in January.

Bill Bousman
Menlo Park