Date: 11/30/18 5:20 pm
From: Brooke Miller via Groups.Io <idbirds=<me.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Santa Clara County 2018 Cumulative Year List - October 2018
South Bay Birders:

In October we had 9 new birds, bringing the total count to 286. October’s average is 5, while the average total bird species recorded through October is 280. The new birds for October, with rarity codes in parentheses were:

3-Oct: A Parasitic Jaeger (5) was found by Ryan Phillips at Salt Pond A11;

7-Oct: A female-type American Redstart (5) was seen by Steve Rottenborn at Sunnyvale Baylands Park;

16-Oct: A Pacific Golden-Plover (5) was found by Ginny Marshall and Donna Pomeroy along the entrance road to the EEC;

16-Oct: A Tropical Kingbird (6) was found by Louise Liou at Charleston Slough/Coast Casey Forebay;

18-Oct: A Lapland Longspur (6) was seen at Byxbee Park by Louise Liou;

19-Oct: A Magnolia Warbler (6) was photographed by Louise Liou at Ulistac Natural Area;

21-Oct: Palm Warblers (5) were found in the upland area of the EEC by Louise Liou, and another one was found at Los Capitancillos Ponds by Janna Pauser and Karen Burnson;

26-Oct: A Stilt Sandpiper (4) was seen by Terry Blows in the Spreckles Pond; and

28-Oct: A Black-throated Green Warbler (6) was photographed at Vasona Lake County Park by Louise Liou.

My monthly reports are made up of eBird sightings, postings on SouthBayBirds, and direct emails. You can find all the monthly cumulative lists on the SCVAS website at:
http://www.scvas.org/page.php?page_id=6612&name=Birding_Resources#lists <http://www.scvas.org/page.php?page_id=6612&name=Birding_Resources#lists>

Please post all your sightings in a timely manner to <southbaybirds...> <mailto:<southbaybirds...> and/or www.eBird.org <http://www.ebird.org/> .

Please contact me if you find errors or omissions, or have questions or comments.

Brooke Miller