Date: 11/30/18 2:05 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Female American Redstart in Marion County 11/30/18
This bird is not chaseable (err chasable) at this time. Due to its rarity
around here, I post this anyway.

Dave Budeau called two days ago about a probable American Redstart coming
into his apple tree, then again yesterday with a photo of it. He was
leaving for a few days this morning around 9 and invited me over before
then, and we saw the female AMERICAN REDSTART well around 0830 several
times up close, coming into the same apple tree in the backyard, south of
Turner near my sister's house and not far from the Duckflat Road ebird
hotspot.

It is very unlikely one could see this bird from any public road. For
those listers among us, if it is still there next week when he gets back,
he will open his front gate for birders and someone will let you know where
that is. I doubt many American Redstarts have ever been seen in the
Willamette Valley, I think the one that was along the Salishan Nature Trail
(Lincoln Co) last year was the only one I've seen other than one or two in
NE Oregon where they are regular, many years ago

Roy Gerig, Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!